impact in the life of a child or young person enabling positive
development to maintain a fulfilling life in the
Child Care Principles
- Each child and young person is unique.
- Children are individuals in their own right.
- The welfare and safety of children and young people is
- Children and young people have the right to be protected from
neglect, abuse and exploitation.
- Children and young people have a right to receive a quality
- Children and young people have a right to be treated with
- Children and young people have a right to appropriate support
and boundaries from adults.
- The needs of children and young people will be addressed
through working partnerships with families and agencies working on
- Children and young people will be enabled to exercise informed
choice, influencing decisions made in respect to their lives.
- The Culture, Race, Gender, Linguistic and Religious Needs of
children and young people will be fully considered and respected at